Stuffed Chicken with Smoked Gouda Cheese & Prosciutto
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded thin
- 2 tablespoons of small julienne Gouda cheese
- 2 tablespoons of small julienne prosciutto, with fat trimmed off
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup homemade stuffing
- 1/2 cupe Japanese Panko breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tablespoons melted butter
- Kosher salt and fresh grounded black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Salt and pepper the chicken breast on both sides lightly. Place stung in the middle of the chicken. Place equal parts cheese and prosciutto on top and in the middle of chicken – about a tablespoon- leaving empty spaces around the side edge. Roll from the narrow end. Secure the ends with small trussing needles or toothpicks so the fillings won’t leak out. Have a lightly buttered baking dish ready.
Dip and roll the chicken into the beaten egg coating well. Then roll and sprinkle on bread crumbs, place on the baking dish. Seam side down. Repeat. Spoon the melted butter over the chicken evenly.
Place into the oven and turn the temp down to 350 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes. Spoon or Brush the butter juices over the chicken to help it brown. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden. Let it sit for a few minutes before slicing. Remove the toothpicks and slice to 3/4 inches round.
Let’s cook up some fundraising!
Contact Carolyn Miaczynski for fundraising information at 814.866.2773 ext. 2712